Stephen Shore, Room 115, Holiday Inn, Belle Glade, Florida, November 14, 1977
from Uncommon Places
I took like 2000 pictures last night. A couple stars came out in Brooklyn. But mostly clouds
Where is my mind
Marine Deleeuw’s show card is pinned-up amongst others in the backstage of fashion house Valentino’s Haute Couture Spring-Summer 2013 show, in Paris on Jan. 23, 2013.
rainy light [listen]: a mix to emphasize how it is “better to feel pain than nothing at all”
i. running after my fate - jean pierre taieb; ii. one last time - Jaymes Young; iii. twins - gem club; iv. is there somebody who can watch you - the 1975; v. oceans - coldplay; vi. interlude - london grammar; vii. smother - daughter; viii. sweater weather (acoustic) - the neighbourhood; ix. malleable beings - the paper kites; x. bullet proof I wish I was - radiohead; xi. warning sign - coldplay; xii. mojo pin - jeff buckley; xiii. wrecking ball - james arthur; xiv. can’t make you love me - bon iver; xv. autumn story - firekites; xvi. this won’t end quietly - we the committee; xvii. afraid (acoustic) - the neighbourhood; xviii. stubborn love - the lumineers
Home-mades, Stanislava Pinchuk
Home-made tattoos for friends & friends of friends, playing with memory, space & geography turned back on the body, all completed as trades.
- Wildflower with galaxy spores: traded for tailoring
- Australian native lilacs & wildflowers: traded for a house-plant & a necklace
- Orion’s belt, drawn from memory: traded for dinner
- L: Twin Branches: traded for a wallet & necklace, R: A map of the NYC high line from memory: traded for the most amazing crystal
- Shield (Constellation): traded for house plants
- Solar Eclipse: traded for dinner
- L: Constellation (Diamond): traded for a drawing, R: Wolf with a city on its back: traded for a drawing
- L: A map within a firework exploding, marking north, Berlin, Vancouver & Melbourne in its rays, brother & sister before parting again: traded for whiskey, R: Twin Branches (Constellation): traded for a drawing
- L: Constellation like mountain: traded for home-cooking, R: Twin Branches: traded for whiskey
- A map of 4 cities between Melbourne (Constellation): traded for a drawing
The Strand Bookstore in New York City, corner of 12th & Broadway; famous for holding over 18 miles of books.
”The problem is, we feel a lot of pressure about looking silly or appearing weak, whatever that means, or being a failure. You have to keep in your head: what’s the worst that can happen? What’s the worst that can happen? You fall flat on your face, then hopefully you get back up again and go for it again and try something else. We’re all going to die one day.’